Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Is Kendrick Lamar the next "Murder you on your own track" rapper to join Eminem, Ludacris, or Andre 3000?

For the followers of my awesome Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/outtherebad), you would know that I am an expert ad avid Hip hop Fan! My list is short as for great Artist. I include Andre 3000, Eminem, Jay Z, Rakim, KRS-ONE, Ludacris, Scarface, LL (Old LL), Royce da 5'9, Jay Electronica, Joell Ortiz; some newer cats like Kendrick Lamar, Sha Stimuli, MisfFit Crazy8, and a few others are really dope!

But this is about the great Guest feature. A guest feature serves multiple purposes. It can jump-start a new artist career, or be a returning favor amongst friends. But what it doesn't do enough is inspire competition  And it is obvious when you allow an Andre 3000, Jay Z, or Eminem to grace your song. Now add K Dot to that list as of late!

Now that the load roar of the Kendrick Lamar verse on the Big Sean song Control has died down a bit, I was able to take some time to see how it reflects in overall great verses. I was extremely excited about the  verse. It was sick(Great/Ill), but there was one small problem. The waterline for other rappers have sunk so low that it makes his verse seem even better than what it probably is. This verse in a different time would have been expected. 50 Cent made his career off of going at other rappers heads. 

In this current era of "Friendship" rap, name brand drop, glorify strippers, beg each other for verses while rapping about all the low hanging fruit subjects-i.e. cars, clothes, and money. The art of fight was missing. The real rappers do real thing, verses. The we may be cool and all, but im trying to murder yall verses. And i'm not talking about the twitter beef to get an artist name trending(by the way, most of those are orchestrated and fake to drum up their name in the press). The this is why im better than you flows are missing. Yes, rappers like Cassidy and the hard rapping guys and ladies from the different Underground Hip Hop Rap battle clubs (which you should look at on Youtube) are trying to keep it going, but it was absent from mainstream and relevant artists. 

This is why It was so refreshing to here the old school "I'm better than you and I'm proving it" flow back in hip hop. Even though Eminem has routinely murdered people he was on the song with (Jay z, Lil Wayne, Drake, 50 Cent etc). So I'm eager for all the responses to come out. The. Real fire that's on the way will be great for hip hop. Too bad the youngins won't be able to keep up. This IS what hip hop is. It wasn't this bragging about money and stuff you don't have. The real heavyweights from back in the day could battle their peers. In sports, friends routinely battle each other. How come hip hop Stopped? When and why did everyone get so consumed with not being called a hater that they forgot what this was all about... Beasting on your competition. Unfortunately it's going to be a crap load of wack responses and people with no skills trying to battle nows.... But the good ones will have a moment to shine. Hopefully we can get back to that real hip hop!

Below I have a few verses that are what I think is some of the BEST verses of all time. Keep in mind, I have a "great" 100. I cant pick Andre 3000 "I Choose You", over "Eminem" Forgot about Dre, over Grandmaster Flash "The Message". Even tho the former isn't technically a guest feature... it's just that good!  Let's talk about it!




Andre 3000 - Art of Storytelling 4





So I'm watchin' her fine ass
Walk to my bedroom,
and thought to myself That's the shape of things to come
She said, "Why you in the club, and you don't make it precipitate?
You know, make it rain when you can make it thunderstorm"
I'm like, "Why? 
The world needs sun
The hood needs funds
There's a war going on and half the battle is guns
How dare I throw it on the floor
When people are poor
So I write like Edgar Allen to restore, got a cord
Umbilical attached to a place they can't afford No landscaping, 
Or window draping
This old lady told me,"If I ain't got nothin' good, say nathing"
That's why I don't talk much
I swear it don't cost much,
to pay attention to me
I tell like it is, and I tell it how it could be
The hood be
Requesting my services,
Oh don't get nervous it's
Step yo game up time,
These ain't them same old rhymes 
Designed to have you dancin' in some club
Niggas ride to me, Woman be up in they tub
Exfoliating with they pom poms Yellin' "GO 3000!
"I'm in my whatever bumpin' nois (NWA)
A 100 miles and Runnin' Runnin' Runnin' Runnin
'Summon Woman Come in
Sit down, heard you need some plumbing
Done and
I'm in A swell mood
A rather swole mood
Until she told me that she told dude
That's she'll be back, she's going to the store
I didn't know she had a boyfriend, so the door
I pointed her too
I said, "Call me when ya'll break up
I don't fuck nobody bitch"And never owned a Jacob,
know what time it is
Nigga just tryin' to live
Like a Nigga suppose to live
If I still drank that malt liquor, I'd pour that beer
On the ground for niggas not around.
I started off starvin'
Now they got me out here Brett Farve'n
Try'n to see if I still got it. Got it

guess it's like the right think about it... ('bout it...)





Eminem from Nicky Minaj's Roman's Revenge




I ain't into S&M, but my whip's off the chain
A little drop of candy paint drips off the frame
Twisted-ass mind, got a pretzel for a brain
An eraser for a head, fucking pencil for a frame
You don't like it then peel off, bitch
Every last woman on Earth I'll kill off, and I still wouldn't fuck you, slut
So wipe the smile on your grill off
I swear to God I'll piss a Happy Meal off
Get the wheels turning, spin, and wheel off
Snap the axle in half, bust the tie-rod
Quit hollering "Why, God?" He ain't got shit to do with it
Bygones'll never be bygones, so won't be finished swallowing my wad
I ain't finished blowing itnice bra
Hope it'll fit a tough titty, bitchlife's hard
I swear to God, life is a dumb blond white broad
With fake tits and a bad dye job
Who just spit in my fucking face and called me a fucking tightwad
So finally I broke down and bought her an iPod
And caught her stealing my musicso I tied her arms and legs to the bed
Set up the camera and pissed twice on her
Look, two pees and a tripod!
The moral to the story is, life's treating you like dry sod?
Kick it back in its face, my God
It's Shady and Nicki Minaj, you might find the sight quite odd
But don't ask why, bitch (Ask why not)

The world-world is my punching bag and
If I'm garbage, you're a bunch of maggots
Make that face, go on, scrunch it up at me
Show me the target so I can lunge and attack it
Like a, raah, raah, like a dungeon dragon
You fell off, off, they musta bumped your wagon
You musta went off the back, I'm 'bout to go off the deep end
I told you to stay in your lane, you just jumped in traffic


All you lil' faggots can suck it, no homo
But I'mma stick it to 'em like refrigerator magnets
And I'm crooked enough to make straitjackets bend
Yeah, look who's back again, bitch, keep acting as if
You had the same passion that I have, yeah, right
Still hungry, my ass, you assdicks had gastric bypass
Ain't hot enough to set fire to dry grass
And 'bout as violent as hair on eyelids (eyelash!)
Go take a flying leap of faith off a fucking balcony
'fore I shove a falcon wing up your fly ass
You know what time it is, so why ask?
When Shady and Nicki's worlds clash, it's (high class) meets (white trash)





 Ludacris on Chamillionaire  - Creepin'



I be creepin lower, then low
Light another blunt, and I'm smokin the dro
Chokin' - loccin'never provokin
But the trunk'll get popped and I'll open the do'
Blunts full of smoke - I be slower then slow
Feel like I'm chopped and it's no where to go
So I just pull out the bazooka(BLOAH)put a fuckin hole in the flo'
Luda! I'm so dope with the flow
Trunk full of speakers, pocket full of dubs
How much wood could a wood, chuck - chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood grain
Grippin on the wheel - turn it, turn it
Blow another sack - I earned it, earned it
Blow another amp, pull another tramp
Light another blunt - burn it, burn it
Flame it up, here my flow I changed it up
Everybody grab yo gats and hold 'em, load 'em, sock 'em, lock 'em, cock 'em and aim it up
Bang it up, off in the sky - catch me rollin off in the ride
Twenty six inches, leave 'em defenseless - forty five always cut to the side
Open ya eyes see me crusincause I keep winnin'and these boys keep losin'
Plus I'm the pimp of the year, playas is hatin and hoes is chosin'
Look at all the hoes you losin'then look it all the game I got
And you can catch me creepin on the low - low, Luda ridin solo - beatin the block






Control - Big  Sean, Kendrick Lamar, & Jay Electronica




Busta Rhymes on Scenario Remix - A Tribe Called Quest ft LONS




t.h.e. MisFit Crazy8 from Keeliza Noir- Hero(the hio hopera)







No comments:

Post a Comment

US iTunes, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store

Translate

Pac Man Smush!